Renovating and Keeping Your Family Safe
Gilday Renovations Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Policy
Construction is considered an essential business service by the Federal government and Maryland, DC and Virginia, so we’re still open, working hard and employing the necessary tools and processes to continue to deliver home renovation service, while keeping our customers and our integrated team safe.
We monitor and adjust our practices based on the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the guidance of our local government officials. To that end, as recommendations change, we will modify our safety practices accordingly.
Here are the ways we are conducting our business:
Minimizing Exposure on the Job Site:
- Our project foreman at the job site maintain Gilday’s daily Covid-19 jobsite log with answers to questions regarding the health of those working at the jobsite.
- Our project foreman tests the temperature of anyone working at the jobsite upon their arrival using a thermometer provided by Gilday.
- We limit the number of Gilday employees and subcontractors to ensure social distancing
- We enforce social distancing at the jobsite and maintain 6’ separation from others when at all possible.
- We require all who enter the job site to always wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth.
- We will erect barriers or temporary walls between the homeowner’s living space and the jobsite.
- We will erect separate doors or entrances between jobsite and homeowners space where possible.
- Our team cleans commonly used surfaces with sanitizing wipes or cleaners.
- We require all who enter the job site to wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or cleanse their hands with alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Questions the job foreman asks all persons working at the jobsite – any YES response prevents them from entering the job site and triggers a follow up by company management and their healthcare provider
- Do you have any new onset shortness of breath not otherwise explained by chronic medical conditions, i.e. allergies?
- Do you have a new onset cough not otherwise explained by a chronic medical condition?
- Do you have a fever of 100.0 degrees or greater?
- Have you been exposed to anyone sick, or sick with Covid-19?
Healthy Habits on the Jobsite and at Home:
In addition to the safety protocols we are following on the jobsite, we have communicated to our staff that the CDC promotes healthy personal hygiene at home as the most effective way to decrease the spread of viral disease. We have told employees to stay home if experiencing any of these symptoms (especially with a fever and/or respiratory illness).
Customized Safety Solutions:
- Every home and every renovation project is unique. Our team is prepared to address any concerns or additional precautions you would like to discuss.
- When possible, we are ordering building materials and products using online resources.
- We will do our very best to protect your health. We expect the same in return. If you have had any exposure or illnesses, please let us know as soon as you know.
Prospective Client Meetings:
We understand that some projects just cannot wait until the health crisis is over. To help homeowners move forward who choose to, we use all methods available to us to understand the objectives of every new prospective client while ensuring their and our safety is preserved.
- We offer online meetings using Zoom video conferences and images sent by you for us to review.
- If all are comfortable meeting in person to discuss your project and to photograph and measure, we are willing to do so while maintaining recommended social distance.
- In addition, we are diligent with hand washing and/or using hand sanitizer (gloves and masks where appropriate) for added protection.
- Some projects require our eyes on the environment to ensure our understanding of your property lends itself to bringing out all of our creativity so you may achieve the home of your dreams safely.
If you have any questions about our safety policies, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 301.565.4600 x11.
Kevin Gilday and Tom Gilday
Policy updated May 13, 2020